Steroids Intermediates Hydroxyprogesterone Powder
Product Name: Hydroxyprogesterone
Usage And Properties
Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
UsesProgesteron. It was isolated from adrenal glands.
Uses17α-Hydroxy Progesterone is a metabolite of Progesterone. It was isolated from adrenal glands.
1. 17α-Hydroxyprogesterone (17α-OHP), or hydroxyprogesterone (OHP), also known as 17α-hydroxypregn is an endogenous progestogen steroid hormone related to progesterone. It is also a chemical intermediate in the biosynthesis of many other endogenous steroids, including androgens, estrogens, glucocorticoids, andmineralocorticoids, as well as neurosteroids.
2. Under the brand name Gestageno, 17α has been marketed for clinical use in Argentina. However, esters of 17αOHP, including hydroxyprogesterone caproate, as well as hydroxyprogesterone acetate and hydroxyprogesterone heptanoateto a much lesser extent, have been used far more widely in comparison, and when "hydroxyprogesterone" is referenced from the standpoint of medical use, what is usually being referred to is actually, in general, hydroxyprogesterone caproate.
3. 17α is also the parent compound of a class of progestins referred to as the 17hydroxyprogesterone derivatives. Among others, this class of drugs includes chlormadinone acetate, cyproterone acetate, hydroxyprogesterone caproate, medroxyprogesterone acetate, and megestrol acetate.
1) 17a-Hydroxyprogesterone caproate CAS 630-56-8 is used in women who are pregnant with a single baby, and who have delivered a baby too early (preterm) in the past. It is used to help lower the risk of having a preterm baby again. Hydroxyprogesterone is a man-made form of a female hormone (progestin).
2) 17a-Hydroxyprogesterone caproate CAS 630-56-8 is not intended to prevent preterm birth in women pregnant with more than one baby (such as twins, triplets). It is also not intended to stop active preterm labor.